COVID-19 Firefighter Hiring Update:
At this time, the LAFD hiring process is continuing with a few adjustments in light of these extraordinary circumstances.
- Applications can still be filled out by going to JoinLAFD Application Info section.
- Applicants needing to complete the FCA should continue to monitor JoinLAFD FCA Test Location section for updates on when those tests will be restarted.
- CAP is cancelled until further notice. Sign up here for notification when CAP begins again. Click here to review a guide on training on your own.
- The Practice CPAT is cancelled until further notice. Sign up here for notifications.
- To schedule or check on the status of your CPAT testing, contact FCTC via www.fctconline.org.
- To be notified for updates regarding the interview and background check process, please email email@example.com and you will be contacted by a Public Safety Selection & Recruitment Division staff member.
2020 CITY APPLICATION
Applications will be accepted on-line only from TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2020 THROUGH SATURDAY, AUGUST 15, 2020.
In addition to submitting a City application from FEBRUARY 11, 2020 THROUGH AUGUST 15, 2020, candidates must register and take the FCA during the testing period.
FIREFIGHTER CANDIDATE ASSESSMENT (FCA)
The City of Los Angeles is extending the City application period and Firefighter Candidate Assessment (FCA) registration to SATURDAY, AUGUST 15, 2020. FCA testing has also been extended to TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2020. PSI testing centers are now open, and test appointments are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. We highly encourage you to select the earliest test appointment you can as there is a high demand of testers and limited seat capacity.
2018 SELECTION PROCESS
All Firefighter applicants who applied in 2018 and meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to check their e-mail in-box and/or spam folder on a regular basis. Please review all e-mails and attachments you receive from the City Personnel Department carefully for details regarding your status and details about the next steps in the Firefighter selection process. Attachments may also include information on how to be successful- Strategies for Success, how to prepare for test parts, and how to RSVP for LAFD Preparation Seminars.
For information regarding upcoming LAFD recruitment events and notifications regarding Firefighter preparatory programs, click here.