Firefighter/EMS Magnet Program (FEMS)
High School students attending a Firefighter/EMS Magnet Academy are offered the opportunity to learn about a career in the Fire Service with the Los Angeles City Fire Department.
This life learning opportunity will provide students with hands-on experience to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities to prepare and understand what is required to become a Los Angeles City Firefighter.
A commitment as a Firefighter/EMS Magnet student will provide students with the opportunity to learn and earn with hands-on experience, which includes:
- LAFD Fire Station Visits
- CPR Instruction
- Development of Core Leadership Values and Principles
- Teen Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.) Certification
- Community Service Projects Opportunities
- Fire Life Safety Awareness
- Preparation for the Firefighter Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- L.A.F.D. Fire Cadet Program
- Understanding and Experiencing L.A.F.D.
- Entry Level Firefighter Requirements
If you have any further questions email Patricia Arias at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for a High School Firefighter/EMS Magnet Academy, click on the links below: