High School Magnet Academy
High School students attending a Firefighter/EMS Magnet Academy are offered the opportunity to learn about a career in the Fire Service with the Los Angeles City Fire Department.
This life learning opportunity will provide students with hands on experience to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities to prepare and understand what is required to become an L.A. City Firefighter.
A commitment as a Fire Magnet student will provide students with the opportunity to learn and earn with hands on experience, which includes:
- LAFD Fire Station Visits
- CPR Instruction
- Development of Core Leadership Values and Principles
- Teen Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.) Certification
- Community Service Projects Opportunities
- Fire Life Safety Awareness
- Preparation for the Firefighter Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- L.A.F.D. Fire Cadet Program
- Understanding and Experiencing L.A.F.D.
- Entry Level Firefighter Requirements
To register for a High School Firefighter/EMS Magnet Academy, click on the links below: