- CAPS is currently available Mondays and Saturdays at Drill Tower 81. Click here to sign up.
- CAPS is currently available Thursdays at Drill Tower 40. Click here to sign up.
- To schedule or check on the status of your CPAT testing, contact FCTC via www.fctconline.org.
- For general recruitment and hiring questions please email the LAFD Recruitment office at email@example.com.
- To be notified for updates regarding the interview and background check process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted by a Public Safety Selection & Recruitment Division staff member.
In accordance with Los Angeles City Ordinance 187134, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an exemption and report their vaccination status prior to appointment by the Los Angeles Fire Department. The ordinance is available at https://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2021/21-0921_ord_187134_8-24-21.pdf.
Furthermore, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has issued a Health Officer Order in which health-care workers who work in indoor or other settings where (1) care is provided to patients, (2) patients have access for any purpose, leading to direct patient contact, or (3) home care or daily living assistance is provided to residents must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an exemption and report their vaccination status to their employer by September 30, 2021. Effective March 1, 2022, all workers in a High -Risk Setting currently eligible for boosters need to receive a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. On page 3, #1, Emergency Medical Services Providers are included in the high-risk setting. The Health Officer Order is available at http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/docs/HOO/HOO_HealthCareWorkerVaccination.pdf.
For information regarding upcoming LAFD recruitment events and notifications regarding Firefighter preparatory programs, click here.