2022 CITY APPLICATION
In addition to submitting a City application from WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2022 THROUGH WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 2022, candidates must register and take the FCA during the testing period.
FIREFIGHTER CANDIDATE ASSESSMENT (FCA)
The City of Los Angeles and PSI are allowing testers who took the FCA between FEBRUARY 2, 2022 and JULY 15, 2022, and DID NOT PASS one opportunity to retake the FCA. To be eligible for a retest, candidates MUST have:
- Submitted a City application during the application filing period of FEBRUARY 2, 2022 THROUGH JUNE 15, 2022
- Registered for the FCA between FEBRUARY 2, 2022 THROUGH JUNE 15, 2022
- Taken the FCA between FEBRUARY 2, 2022 THROUGH JULY 15, 2022 and not achieve a minimum score of 70
Testers eligible to retest are required to register and pay another $73 registration fee to the vendor PSI to retake the FCA. The window to register to retake the FCA is WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2022, THROUGH WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2022. The FCA retest window is WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2022, THROUGH WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2022.
Testers who took the FCA between FEBRUARY 2, 2022 THROUGH JULY 15, 2022, and PASSED will NOT be allowed to retake the FCA. Candidates just need to achieve a minimum score of 70. All candidates who apply for the 2022 Firefighter Selection Process and receive a passing score on the FCA will have an equal chance of being randomly selected to move on to the interview.
COVID-19 Firefighter Hiring Update:
At this time, the LAFD hiring process is continuing with a few adjustments in light of these extraordinary circumstances.
- CAPS is currently available Mondays and Saturdays at Drill Tower 81. Click here to sign up.
- CAPS is currently available Thursdays at Drill Tower 40. Click here to sign up.
- To schedule or check on the status of your CPAT testing, contact FCTC via www.fctconline.org.
- To be notified for updates regarding the interview and background check process, please email email@example.com and you will be contacted by a Public Safety Selection & Recruitment Division staff member.
In accordance with Los Angeles City Ordinance 187134, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an exemption and report their vaccination status prior to appointment by the Los Angeles Fire Department. The ordinance is available at https://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2021/21-0921_ord_187134_8-24-21.pdf.
Furthermore, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has issued a Health Officer Order in which health-care workers who work in indoor or other settings where (1) care is provided to patients, (2) patients have access for any purpose, leading to direct patient contact, or (3) home care or daily living assistance is provided to residents must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an exemption and report their vaccination status to their employer by September 30, 2021. Effective March 1, 2022, all workers in a High -Risk Setting currently eligible for boosters need to receive a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. On page 3, #1, Emergency Medical Services Providers are included in the high-risk setting. The Health Officer Order is available at http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/docs/HOO/HOO_HealthCareWorkerVaccination.pdf.
For information regarding upcoming LAFD recruitment events and notifications regarding Firefighter preparatory programs, click here.